[ NEWS ]
Nov/14. Published papers and Presentations are now available.
Sep/18. Accepted papers are already published.
Oct/03. Program of the workshop is now available.
PSIVT 2013 - Workshop
Quality Assessment and Control by Image and Video Analysis
There are several industrial and agriculture problems in quality assessment and control that have received focused attention by academia, government and industry. For example, some industries are involved in developing their own visual systems for inspection, testing and automation. On the other hand, there is a growing amount of research being conducted on food characterization using several sophisticated algorithms in image and video analysis. Moreover, solutions can be found within and beyond the visible spectrum. Due to continuous progress in image acquisition systems, image and video processing algorithms, computer vision techniques, and fast and low-cost software and hardware, the application domain of machine vision systems is growing, giving rise to new challenges and opportunities.
The goal of this workshop is to provide a forum for industry, engineers, researchers and students to discuss the state-of-the-art in image and video technologies applied to quality assessment and control. The key idea is to present recent developments in this field, because we believe that different applications can share similar solutions. The workshop includes research in areas of image processing, machine vision, pattern recognition, and machine learning used to solve problems on quality assessment and control.
- 9:00 - 9:20 Invited Talk: Murat Balaban: Quality food evaluation using techniques beyond the visible spectrum. [PRESTENTATION]
- 9:20 - 9:40 Hilda Hernández-Hernández, Jorge Chanona-Pérez, Georgina Calderón-Domínguez, Eduardo Terrés Rojas, María De Jesús Perea-Flores, Jorge Alberto Mendoza-Pérez, Alberto Vega and Pablo Ligero: Fotonic and Electron Microscopy Images for Qualty Evaluation of Delignification of Agave Fibers. [PRESTENTATION][PAPER]
- 9:40 - 10:00 Roberto Quevedo, Emir Valencia and José Miguel Bastía: Description of the enzymatic browning in avocado slice using GLCM image texture [PRESTENTATION][PAPER]
- 10:00 - 10:20 Camilo Vargas, Jeyson Molina, John W. Branch, Alejandro Restrepo:Image Preprocessing assessment Detecting Low Contrast Regions under non-Homogeneous Light Conditions [PRESTENTATION][PAPER]
- 10:20 - 10:50 Coffee Break
- 10:50 - 11:10 Invited Talk: Domingo Mery: Automated Design of a Computer Vision System for Quality Control [PRESTENTATION]
- 11:10 - 11:30 Barranco-Gutiérrez A. I., Martínez-Díaz S, Gómez-Torres J. L.: An Approach for Utility Pole Recognition in Real Conditions [PRESTENTATION][PAPER]